GIS and Geotagging Training 2019
Following the success of the trainings conducted last year, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) once again took a partnership with GrIDS’ resource persons to lead the training for new batches of participants from different DILG offices in the country. The same training design was implemented but this time, new software was introduced to the participants that will aid them in the geotagging of specific government projects within their jurisdiction.
The software was called MATIAG (an acronym for Map Assisted Tagging Initiative for Assessing Government Projects), an android application for geotagging of government infrastructure project developed by GrIDS’ Senior Information Technology Manager, Mr. Ivan Marc H. Escamos. This was used in replace with the GeoCam App that was utilized in the previous training. The MATIAG app incorporates the same principles used by the former app however, additional features can be found such as adding relevant project information that is needed in project inventory. Users’ feedbacks that capture their app experience were collected from the different trainings as these will greatly help in the upgrading of the app.
These series of trainings took place from August 2019 to November 2019, attended by a total number of three-hundred twenty (320) participants. Below is the list of the DILG offices that participated:
- DILG Iloilo – Iloilo City on August 19-23, 2019; 60 participants
- DILG Angeles – Angeles City on September 2-6, 2019; 50 participants
- DILG Tacloban – Tacloban City, Leyte on September 9-13, 2019; 40 participants
- DILG Legazpi – Legazpi City, Albay on September 30-October 4, 2019; 50 participants
- DILG Baguio – Baguio City on October 14-18, 2019; 60 participants
- DILG Davao – Davao City on November 25-29, 2019; 60 participants